There are many benefits of Coconut Oil that lead to a healthy lifestyle. If you haven’t heard about this seemingly magical oil by this time, you’re probably residing under a rock. Because you have internet access to be reading this article, we are going to assume that this is not the case, and that by now you have heard of the many wonders of coconut oil. It just so happens that aside from its commonly touted benefits in the areas of beauty and bulletproof coffee, there is actually a good proportion more that you may not know about this unparalleled oil. To clarify, by good portion we mean a list that could go in for days, with over 1,500 published studies proving the health benefits of coconut oil this should come as no surprise.
Here are 9 benefits of Coconut Oil that we love:
- Rapid, Long Lasting Natural Energy: Coconut oil is a medium chain triglyceride (MCT). MCTs are healthy fats and the saturated fat in coconut oil is actually good for you! MCTs are digested differently than other fats. They go straight to the liver where they are used for immediate energy, so they are not readily stored as fat. With coconut oil you get the benefits of MCT oil, but without the striping of all the anti-oxidants!
- Fat Loss: Coconut oil’s energy bosting abilities paired with its potential to work as an appetite suppressant and curb cravings promotes the body to burn fat for energy. Start by adding a tablespoon to your hot coffee and blending it for a frothy morning cup of joe. The MCTs in combination with caffeine may keep you satiated and energetic for hours at a time.
- Immune Support: The Lauric acid, which your body converts into monolaurin has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-protozoa properties.
- Digestive Support: Coconut oil can help with the treatment of stomach conditions. It may improve bacteria and gut health by destroying bad bacteria and candida. Candida imbalance especially can decrease stomach acid which causes inflammation and poor digestion. Its anti-inflammatory properties don’t stop here.
- May Reduce Inflammation: The fatty acid Lauric found in coconut oil has been studied for its anti-inflammatory properties. The high levels of antioxidants present in virgin coconut oil have also been associated with its capacity to reduce inflammation. Reap of its many benefits through your diet by cooking with it, which leads us to the next point.
- Great for Cooking at High Temperatures: Cooking with oil at high temperatures can cause it to oxidize, changing its molecular structure and rendering the oil carcinogenic. Many commonly used oils, such as olive oil, undergo this change when exposed to high temperatures. Because of its high smoke point, refined coconut oil is less likely to oxidize making it a great substitution for any recipe that would call for oil, including baking.
- Swap out your toothpaste and deodorant: The benefits of coconut oil are not limited to your kitchen. Due to its antibacterial properties some dental experts consider that coconut oil may help prevent tooth decay and gum diseases. It easily be mixed with baking soda and be used as toothpaste. The same lauric acid in that helps reduce inflammation, kills odor-causing bacteria and can also be used as an odor eliminator on skin. Did anyone say aluminum free and natural deodorant?!
- Skin Care: Its high antioxidant profile of virgin coconut oil provides free radical defense for the appearance of more youthful skin. Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties coconut oil has been used and studied for eczema treatment and dandruff treatment.
- Natural Sunscreen: As if you’re not already sold on making unrefined coconut oil a staple item in n your bathroom cabinet, it can be used as a natural sunscreen, providing SPF 4 protection. Although 4 it’s not very high on the SPF scale, applying it every morning can be a great way to reap all of its amazing skin care benefits. It also makes for a great tanning oil.
Buy our Organic Coconut oil for the greatest health benefits.